Saturday, March 15, 2008

More about Eye Dominance
Played a senior tournament last week. The first round I played with a pro whom I have known for 15 years. This pro played on the PGA Tour for five years and is currently trying to play Senior events. His ball striking was good, but his putting was not.
After the round was over, I asked if he would like me to look at this putting. We went to the putting green and he hit some putts. (I knew what the problem was when I first saw him putt on Hole #1.) I then tested his eye dominance. Guess what? Another right handed golfer with a dominant left eye.
I simply moved his hands and ball closer to the target than his left (dominant) eye. Bingo! His stroke improved dramatically with improved contact.
Next day he puts the new putting method into play for the final round. He shoots three shots better and wins the tournament.
This player is currently working with a putting instructor who works with several PGA Tour players. Until we talked he had never heard about eye dominance. I mentioned it also affected his full shots too. (His swing is full of compensations for the his faulty set-up.) I'll let you know if anything comes of this.
I played the second round with another pro who displayed similar left eye dominant putting woes. After the round we talked. He assumed he was not gifted, lacked ability to putt, etc. We did the eye test and sure enough left eye dominant.
After correcting his set-up he hit a putt. His eyes lit up after he hit the ball. His stroke was as smooth as glass. He couldn't believe it. He hit several more with the same flawless stroke.
I will see both of these pros in the near future and I will report back on the results.

Until later,
Mike Hurley

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a very good powerful golfer - right handed, left eye dominant - and i've been struggling with my putting immensely the past few years. yesterday i hit 15 greens and shot 80. Yes, it can get bad. Specifically, what should left eye righties be doing with their alignment?
Greg
Bend, OR

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

btw - please send me any comments to gbowl@mac.com or gbeau123@gmail.com.

thanks,

Greg

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

2015-11-3leilei
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin outlet
air max
ed hardy uk
adidas wings
coach outlet canada
michael kors handbags
air jordan shoes
ray bans
mizuno running shoes
retro jordans 13
longchamp le pliage
michael kors outlet online
barbour uk outlet
coach factory outlet
nike force 1
true religion jeans
nike blazers shoes
oakley vault
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet
air max 90
cheap ugg boots
nike blazer
fitflop shoes
nike roshe run
cheap basketball shoes
kate spade handbags
ray ban wayfarer
coach outlet online
nike cortez shoes
louis vuitton pas cher
michael kors bags
ugg boots clearance
toms outlet

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home